By Hugh Liddle, THE Sales Wizard
Way too many salespeople and business owners are going into sales conversations and just slingin’ it…just saying whatever comes into their heads at the moment, or talking as fast as they can and hoping they say something that will entice their prospects to buy. It’s like trying to build a house by blowing up a stack of building materials with dynamite and hoping the pieces come back down looking beautiful. It just doesn’t work. So if you aren’t getting the sales results you really want, you need a system and a script!
A great sales conversation system includes:
- Building rapport – Asking questions, finding common ground and giving your prospect the opportunity to know, like and trust you
- Establishing a verbal agreement – Letting your prospect know what the table of contents for the conversation is, asking permission to ask questions and helping everyone relax
- Finding out what your prospect wants and why – This involves asking open-ended questions, and that makes up a large percentage of the sales conversation
- Communicating your value statements – Let your prospects know exactly what’s in it for them if they work with you
- Asking for the sale – no, it’s NOT the hardest part of the conversation…if you’ve done the first four steps well
- Answering objections – often your prospects will see obstacle in their way to having what they want, and it’s your job to help them move past the obstacles, if possible
So that’s the system. And the system needs to be scripted. You need to know exactly what you’re going to say and how you’re going to say it and when you’re going to say it. The bulk of your script needs to be memorized and you must rehearse it over and over and over until it’s part of you, conversational and comfortable. Yes, it’s a lot of work. And if you do the work, it will pay you huge dividends in increased conversion ratios, sales, revenue and profit.
System and Scripting are the Secret Sauce of Successful Selling!
If you want to become exceptional at relational selling, have a chat with a Sales Wizard!
Here are a few value-packed resources of which you can take advantage at no charge:
- Wednesdays With the Wizards is a brand new, weekly Facebook Live event for you. Another great sales and marketing wizard, Murphy Alafoginis, and I will be sharing stories, sales and marketing tips, fun stuff and answers to your sales and marketing questions. You can tune in at 9:00 AM EDT every Wednesday at http://facebook.com/redcapsalescoaching.
- You can have access two FREE 3-video series on answering objections. One is specifically for chiropractors, and would be useful to any kind of alternative health professional. The other is specifically for coaches, and would be helpful to any service-oriented business. https://redcapsalescoaching.com
- If you’d like to spend an hour with a sales wizard to talk about your business and your sales, ask questions privately and get some great sales tips, ideas and strategies, you can go the Calendar at http://bit.ly/wizard-strategy. There’s no charge, no obligation and no pressure when you take advantage of this resource.
Feel free to take advantage of any or all of these free resources!
Love & blessings,
THE Sales Wizard