For most people in the helping professions, the answer to that question is probably all of them or as many as I can. Unfortunately, time does not allow us to help everyone, but most of us could probably be helping more people than we are. So why aren’t we doing it?
There are two typical answers to that question. The first is I don’t know how to get in touch with a lot of people. And the second is I don’t want to have to, or I don’t know how to, sell my services to the people to whom I do talk.
Here are five things to consider, when you think about helping more people take advantage of your services:
- Selling IS helping, when it’s done correctly. Sales is not about getting people to do what you want them to do, or even what you think they should do! It’s about helping them do what they want to do.
- Be a detective! Your prospective practice member or client knows exactly what he or she wants…and you have no idea! Never assume that everyone wants your care or your services, even if they might profit from them. Ask rather than tell. Ask tons of open-ended questions, and you will find out who your ideal prospects are, and who they aren’t.
- You cannot sell to everyone with whom you talk. And really you don’t want to. So, don’t even try! Pick and choose the people with whom you really want to work. They need to meet certain criteria to be ideal practice members or clients. They must desire change in their situations, want help making those changes and be willing to invest their time, their energy and their money to bring those changes about. If they lack even one of those commitments, they are NOT your ideal clients!
- In your sales and marketing efforts, look for the people who are looking for you! You don’t have to be the jackass whisperer. If people don’t see value in the care or service you provide, it’s not your job to convince them that there’s value in it. There are more than enough people in your town, state, country or the world who are looking for you and the value you provide. Connect with them and sell to them!
- ASK!!! Stop allowing fear to keep you from asking for appointments, asking for commitments, asking for sales and asking for referrals. Jesus of Nazareth said, “Ask and you shall receive.” I believe that’s absolutely true, and the opposite is also true! If you don’t ask, you don’t receive! So if you want to help more people, ASK them to talk with you, to trust you to help and to refer you to others.
As you know, if you’ve followed this blog for any time, I’ve been off the grid for a while, blog-wise, and working on some other projects. Now I’m back, so you’ll be receiving ideas, stories and resources from me again on a weekly basis
Here are a few value-packed resources of which you can take advantage at no charge:
- Thursday, July 20th at 9:00 PM EDT, there is a FREE webinar for Chiropractors (and other Alternative Health Professionals). How to Help More People Get Optimal Health is the subject. You can register at http://bit.ly/esa-webinar-7-20-17
- Wednesdays With the Wizards is a brand new, weekly Facebook Live event for you. Another great sales and marketing wizard, Murphy Alafoginis, and I will be sharing stories, sales and marketing tips, fun stuff and answers to your sales and marketing questions. You can tune in at 9:00 AM EDT every Wednesday at http://facebook.com/redcapsalescoaching.
- You can have access two FREE 3-video series on answering objections. One is specifically for chiropractors, and would be useful to any kind of alternative health professional. The other is specifically for coaches, and would be helpful to any service-oriented business. https://redcapsalescoaching.com
- If you’d like to spend an hour with a sales wizard to talk about your business and your sales, ask questions privately and get some great sales tips, ideas and strategies, you can go the Calendar at http://bit.ly/wizard-strategy. There’s no charge, no obligation and no pressure when you take advantage of this resource.
Feel free to take advantage of any or all of these free resources!
See ya next week!
Love & blessings,
THE Sales Wizard